Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Same old stuff! (thank God!)

Tuesday Sept. 10, 2013

I feel like a broken record.  Another great day!  The beach, the ocean...so incredibly awesome!  This morning the waves were exceptionally huge and crashy.

Brad and Lainie are IN there somewhere!
This tiny camera I have takes pics so slowly!  It's hard to get any good ones.

Brad bought us a beach umbrella because of my sun hatred.  I got a really bad burn our first day without even feeling it.  It's so windy.


You can see I am a bit back from the shore.  Sat there for at least an hour with just some foam lapping my feet a few times.  Then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, a humongous wave crashed in on me and Lea as we sat here!  It was sitting in my lap.  The whole wave.  My pants were soaked!  It was really funny!  It went far beyond me to our other chairs and towels behind us.  The best thing was meeting a nice family who saw the attack.  The lady helped me move the stuff back further.  They are really nice with 2 little, little girls.  Made me all nostalgic!  Remembering the days when ours were babes.  But honestly, this is so much easier!  Yes, you heard it here first.  Teenage girls are easier than little ones.

Blurry, I know.  But I love these action shots!
My beautiful girl!

We went back home to change and go get some lunch.  We really like a restaurant a bit south of here called Frisco Sandwich Co.
It is really good!  We planned to visit the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse after.  We ate some delicious gourmet sandwiches/salad and homemade potato chips, hot out of the fryer.  Very good!


We all decided we were tired so we opted for napping instead of the lighthouse today!  There's always tomorrow.  Rest is an important part of vacation.  Yeah, that's my story.

After resting, Brad, Lainie and I went back to the beach.  Lea was too tired so she stayed home.


More body surfing!  Lainie and Brad both got some sand rash from this.  But it was worth it!

We had a quiet dinner at home and everyone is enjoying relaxing for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment