Thursday, September 12, 2013

Interesting and Cool Day!

Thursday Sept. 12, 2013

Guess what?  We slept in.  Again.  By the time we made it to the beach, our beach neighbors had been there for hours with their little girls!  I told them to hang in there because in a few years, they will be arriving at 11 am, too!  It's nice to not have to rush off to do anything.  100% our own agenda.

I was smarter today in the waves.  I stayed near the shore.  Which in no way means I didn't get pummeled by waves!  I was just in control of where I was, which felt much safer.


The waves were kind of violent today!  Maybe it was because they weren't pretty aqua but gray.  It was really, really awesome to sit and have them crash into me.  We all had a super fun time!

My heart....times two
Lea felt braver with Daddy to hang on to!


Interesting fact: you can drive on the beach in the Outer Banks.  Yup.

We chose to keep our Chevy Equinox on pavement.  So we can actually have it to drive home.

Found some mermaids.  I always knew they were real.

Now you see it....
Wooosh...
Now you don't!
After lunch, we headed here!

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse
It's really beautiful.  Lainie and Brad went up inside while us lazy chickens went to the musuem instead!



Just your average "monkey at a lighthouse" kind of event.
Yeah. That was weird.



We came home and (you guessed it!) relaxed for a bit.  Then Brad and I went to read on the beach for awhile before dinner.  I could sit there all day.

We played a game then Brad and the girls sang some Taylor Swift songs.


Only one more day here.  I'm already sad!

1 comment: